Jazwares is squishing in all the fun at this year’s Licensing Expo Las Vegas with its sensational lifestyle property, Squishmallows.
The phenomenal popularity of Squishmallows has propelled world-class licensee collaborations across fashion, gaming, and lifestyle categories, adding to its illustrious portfolio of more than 65+ best-in-class licensing partners.
Squishmallows continues to take the world by storm with its adorable personalities, captivating content, and millions of fans. According to the most recent Circana data (April 2023), Squishmallows accounts for five of the top 10 best-selling toys including the #1 spot. With Squishmallows’ vast global audience and multi-generational appeal, Jazwares created its premiere Squishmallows global licensing program in 2021, supported by some of the biggest names in consumer and lifestyle products including Bioworld, BigMouth, BBC International, Franco Mfg., Fashion Angels Enterprises, Primary Colors, HarperCollins Publishers, Character World, Aykroyds & TDP, amongst others.
“Squishmallows continue to reach well beyond the toy aisle granting us the opportunity to curate a full 360-degree licensing portfolio which allows our millions of fans to dive even deeper into the captivating world of Squishmallows”, said Judd Karofsky, Executive Vice President, Jazwares. “At Licensing Expo we’re eager to debut exciting and unique new products across a variety of categories that we know fans everywhere are going to love”.
Licensing Expo attendees can experience all the loveable, huggable fun of Squishmallows lifestyle at booth #S212 on the show floor. With more collaborations announcements slated for later in the year, new licensee highlights include:
- Andrews McMeel is an independent, global publishing company that will extend the Squishmallows sensation across books and calendars.
- Ashtel Studios Inc, a Personal Care products manufacturer, will create Squishmallows branded oral care products, tissues and First Aid supplies.
- Blueprint, known for its design-led licensed merchandise, is set to unveil an exciting line of stationery and back-to-school essentials tailored specifically for Squishmallows fans.
- Buffalo Games has been the industry-leading puzzle expert for over 40 years and will offer must-have Squishmallows puzzles for all ages and skill levels.
- Centric Brands, a global leading lifestyle brand collective, will offer a full suite of youth Squishmallows branded pajamas and robes.
- Corsair, an esteemed health and beauty manufacturer, is set to unveil an exciting collection of Squishmallows-inspired skincare, bodycare, perfume, and beauty accessories.
- Curious Universe, a dynamic and creative company, is set to captivate Squishmallows fans by satisfying their curiosity through an exciting and innovative array of arts and crafts products.
- DIFUZED, a licensed lifestyle manufacturing company specializing in trend-setting design is gearing up to introduce an exquisite line of fashion-forward Squishmallows apparel, bags, and accessories.
- Erve, the licensed apparel specialist, is teaming up with Squishmallows to bring a delightful collection of daywear, nightwear, sock and underwear.
- Finsbury Foods, an expert in the baking industry, is set to sweeten the Squishmallows experience with a delightful celebration cake.
- Lazerbuilt, a renowned name in consumer electronics and accessories, is all set to amplify the Squishmallows experience with the launch of their Squishmallows-inspired headphones and tech accessories.
- Happy Helpers, add gentle therapeutic heat to lovable, huggable characters. They are fun and creative creatures here to promote wellness and help you feel your best.
- H.E.R. Accessories designs, manufactures, and sells jewelry, hair accessories, party supplies, & cosmetics,. The company is set to develop lines of Squishmallows hair accessories and jewelry.
- Komar is a global leader in the design, sourcing, manufacturing and distribution of sleepwear and intimates, and will produce Squishmallows sleepwear /robes along with a new venture into tablet cases.
- Modern Gourmet Foods, a global leader in premium gourmet foods and food gifts, will launch a range of delicious Squishmallows-branded seasonal products.
- Stor, a leading household goods company is set to make a splash in the market with the exciting launch of their Squishmallows-inspired lunchware and hydration collection.
- Top Trenz, the maker of leading fidget and sensory toys, is set to debut a line of Squishmallows magnetic sliders, pop fidgets, water wigglers and more.
- What Do You Meme, a modern entertainment consumer product company in the Toy and Game space, has developed a Squishmallows-themed card game, including an exclusive Benny plush.
- Winning Moves, a leading toy and games company, are thrilled to launch an exciting new range of Squishmallows products to market including Top Trumps, Top Trumps Match and the official Monopoly game with an exclusive plush.
“The monumental growth of our Squishmallows Consumer Products program is a testament to the strength and popularity of the brand and the many ways it is celebrated and enjoyed worldwide”, said Sam Ferguson, Senior Vice President of Global Licensing, Jazwares. “As we further engage new category-expanding collaborations, Squishmallows continues its evolution as a highly acclaimed, multi-generational global lifestyle brand accessible to all anytime, anywhere”.
In 2022, Squishmallows took the play industry’s top honor––the Toy Association’s coveted overall Toy of the Year award. The brand has won seven Toy of the Year Awards, including Plush Toy of the Year, License of the Year, Overall Toy of the Year, and People’s Choice.
Since launching in 2017, over 200 million of the beloved plush have been sold. With more than 2,000 characters, each plush features its own lovable personality, ultra-soft feel, and whimsical design which has captivated fans of all ages, both online and in person. Squishmallows’ popularity has been driven to a frenzy by its Gen Z fanbase who tout their collections on TikTok, and who together have created more than 11 billion organic social impressions. Such strong brand retention has resulted in multiple line extensions, including HugMees, Squish-Doos, Stackables, and Squishville.