The London Studio has announced that no fewer than eight publishers whose art it licenses have been shortlisted in multiple categories at the Henries Awards.
The winners will be announced on Thursday 5 October 2023 at The Royal Lancaster Hotel, London.
The eight publishers have received a whopping 18 nominations and are in the running for prestigious Henries Awards in no fewer than ten categories. They are:
- Best Diversity & Inclusion Range: Playtime from Mifkins
- Best Humorous Range: Heard They’re Absurd from Bewilderbeest and The Tail Wagging The Dog from Bewilderbeest
- Best Cute Range: Wonderfully Wild from Paper Shed Design, Holly Maguire from Stormy Knight and Marylou Chalon from Stormy Knight
- Best Contemporary Words & Sentiments Range: Jess Miller from Ricicle Cards and Painting with Words from Nicole Elders
- Best Art Range: London Calling from Rocket68, Paper Raven from Ricicle Cards and Globetrotter from Stormy Knight
- Best Children’s Range: Playtime from Mifkins, Woodland Alphabet from Nicole Elders and Holey Moley from Stormy Night
- Best Contemporary Trend Range: Paper Raven from Ricicle Cards
- Best Spring Seasons Range – Valentine’s Day: Valentine’s Day from Ricicle Cards and Love Lines Valentine’s from Stormy Knight
- Best 3D, Handmade or Hand-finished Range: Holey Moley from Stormy Night
- Best Spring Seasons Range – Mother’s Day: Bloom Seedstick Mother’s Day from Stormy Knight
This marks a record-breaking year of award accolades for The London Studio and its community of artists and publisher partners. In fact, as Founder and Director of The London Studio, Soula Zavacopoulos, says: “We take pride in spotting and promoting talent in the greeting card and design industries – and that has often been recognised in award nominations. However, 18 nominations is undoubtedly a record for us! Congratulations to all our nominated licensees on their thoroughly deserved recognition and best of luck in October. We’ll be cheering you on!”
Awareness of The London Studio and its work is growing fast. Its success in greeting cards and gifts now extends to a fast-growing list of international retailers and licensed publishers. It has also launched a number of specially created lifestyle brands appropriate for apparel, gifts, homeware, stationery and more.