Moonbug, a part of Candle Media, has announced that Blippi, the second largest global brand in its portfolio, is poised to inspire curiosity in even more kids as it expands across every dimension of its business.
Building on a double-digit year-over-year growth of the brand’s viewing on YouTube, Blippi has ambitious plans across content formats, consumer products and live experiences. The YouTube show is also expanding its lineup of guest stars.
“We’re beyond excited about Blippi’s growth explosion this year. We love being able to inspire curiosity in kids everywhere and with our fans’ support we’re expanding all the ways Blippi and his best friend Meekah show up for kids and families”, said Katelynn Heil, General Manager of Blippi for Moonbug. “Blippi is truly a grassroots brand and we can’t wait for our fans to go on the Ultimate Road Trip with the new Blippi and Meekah podcast this summer or head out on field trips with their new Meekah doll”.
- Blippi and Meekah’s Road Trip Podcast: In these all-new, first-ever, audio-only Blippi episodes, best friends Blippi and Meekah take a road trip to an adventure including visiting a Monster Truck Rally, a Rainforest and even the Prehistoric Dinosaur Era. The 20-episode audio series will be available everywhere podcasts are available starting this summer.
- Surprise Hometown Episodes: In 2022, the brand ran the first “Blippi in my Hometown” contest inviting fans to tell Blippi why their town was so special. The winner, 3-year-old Layla of Clarksville, TN, joined Blippi as the first-ever fan special guest star in an episode that has been viewed over 40M times across Blippi’s channels, making it the single most viewed episode of all 2022. This year, the brand will expand on the original Hometown contest by including fans from Canada as well as launching Blippi in My Classroom, where Blippi will join one lucky teacher in their classroom for a day of fun with their students. Both winners (Hometown and Classroom) will be featured in episodes in 2023.
- Blippi on SiriusXM: Moonbug Radio, which launched June 7th on Sirius XM, allows parents and their kids to enjoy Moonbug’s full library of children’s content together on a continuous, dedicated music channel (channel 307). The channel is programmed around key moments in the day, such as slow instrumental tracks for bedtime and naps. Kids can belt out ‘The Excavator Song’ along with Blippi as he and Meekah host recurring programs like ‘Afternoon Dance Party’ and ‘Weekends with Blippi’.
NEW CONSUMER PRODUCTS:
- My Friend Meekah: Blippi’s contagiously curious best friend Meekah is now featured as a 16-inch plush from Jazwares with more than 17 different fun sounds, such as “Thanks for being my friend,” when you squeeze her tummy. Meekah is dressed in her iconic purple and yellow shirt with a matching yellow headband and of course her iconic jam pack. Exclusively available on Amazon starting in August.
- Blippi Dump Truck: The motorized Blippi Dump Truck from Jazwares features Construction Worker Blippi and five fun construction accessories. The Blippi Dump Truck is full of sounds and phrases, such as, “I had so much fun with you today.” Exclusively available on Amazon this August.
- Halloween Costumes by Disguise: Joining the Blippi costume, which was the #1 searched for costume on Halloweencostumes.com of 2022, is this year a new youth sized Meekah Halloween costume (in sizes 2T, 3T and 4T).
This year, Blippi and Meekah have begun hosting more guest stars, as their shows have now become the place entertainers and experts want to stop by. Recent guests include Olympic Gold Medalist Shawn Johnson East, author and engineer Emily Calandrelli, and later this summer Blippi and Meekah visit their friend, Ms. Rachel, who shows them around the Big City!
- New spin-off series Meekah surpassed 100 million views on YouTube and has also been a consistent Top 10 kids show on Netflix in 2023.
- The Meekah YouTube channel has reached over 1 million subscribers since it launched less than a year and a half ago.
- 2023 Telly Award Winners: Blippi won bronze for Best Online Children’s Programming and Blippi Wonders won bronze for Best Animation Series.
- Blippi The Musical, the franchise’s first Live Show, was nominated for the prestigious UK Olivier Award for 2022 “Best Family Show” in the UK and toured to cities in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirate following two years of successful touring in North America.
- Blippi The Wonderful World Tour, a second smash hit tour, is currently on a 90 city tour across the US and Canada expanding further internationally next year.