The brand licensing community’s big ‘comeback’ event, was attended by 400 retailers, licensees and brand owners
The winners of The B&LLAs 2021 industry awards were announced on Wednesday 20th October at a wonderful awards event, held at the Hilton Park Lane Hotel in London and hosted by Dom Joly.
The brand licensing community’s big ‘comeback’ event, was attended by 400 retailers, licensees and brand owners who shared in the joy as the worthy winners made their way to the stage to collect their trophies.
Organised by Max Publishing, The B&LLAs are accepted as the ultimate accolades in brand and lifestyle licensing industry. Friends and colleagues were thrilled to be part of the first B&LLAs for two years, with the event having been postponed due to the pandemic seven times.
“I can’t quite believe we are all finally here, in person, together, to celebrate and share our industry’s incredible innovation and resilience. I know full well that you all have suffered professionally and personally over the last 22 torrid months and somehow or other we are all still here!” said Ian Hyder, joint managing director of Max Publishing in his welcome speech.
“If there is one good thing that has come out of this terrible time, it is that we need each other and we need to get together, to spark ideas, create new opportunities and perpetuate the evolution of the brand licensing community,” added Ian.
Designer Sara Miller gave the pre-lunch keynote speech, sharing her inspiring story from greeting card artist to global brand licensing success.
The emotionally uplifting grand finale of the awards ceremony was the Brand Ambassador Award, which was presented to Daniel Avener, ceo of MDR Brand Management, for his continued contribution to this dynamic sector.
The winners of the B&LLAs 2021 are:
PRODUCT AWARD CATEGORIES
- Best Brand Licensed Fashion Accessories or Lifestyle Product or Range (sponsored by The Point.1888)
V&A Bags and Accessories Collection from Mulberry
- Best Brand Licensed Food or Beverage Product or Range (sponsored by MDR Brand Management)
Barratt Ice Creams from Ice Fresh
- Best Brand Licensed Health & Beauty Product or Range (sponsored by CAA-CBG)
Eve Sleep Well Slept Collection from IG Design Group
- Best Brand Licensed Adult Apparel Product or Range (sponsored by Wildbrain CPLG Lifestyle)
Natural History Museum Collection from Finisterre
- Best Brand Licensed Gifting Product or Range (sponsored by The Jockey Club)
Van Gogh Stationery and Gifting Collection from Blueprint Stationery
- Best Brand Licensed Homewares, Kitchen & Tabletop Product or Range (sponsored by Pringles)
Country Living Whitstable and Hastings Kitchens from Homebase
- Best Brand Licensed Children’s Product or Range (sponsored by Asgard Media)
Classic LEGO Bricks Collection from Adidas
- Best Brand Licensed Electrical & DIY Products or Range (sponsored by Golden Goose)
Paul Smith Braun Collection from Zeon
- Best Brand Licensed Home Décor Product or Range (sponsored by Start Licensing)
Scion Living x Next from Next
- Inspired Innovation Brand Licensed Product or Range Award (sponsored by Discovery Consumer Products)
Marmite Houmous from Freshpak Chilled Foods
RETAIL AWARD CATEGORIES
- Best Fashion Retailer of Licensed Brands (sponsored by Beanstalk)
- Best Department Store Or Mixed Retailer of Licensed Brands (sponsored by Metrostar)
John Lewis & Partners
- Best Supermarket of Licensed Brands (sponsored by TSBA)
- Best Specialist Retailer of Licensed Brands (sponsored by Brandgenuity)
PROPERTY AWARD CATEGORIES
- Best Licensed Heritage Or Institution Brand (sponsored by Brand Licensing Europe)
Natural History Museum
- Best Licensed Lifestyle Brand (sponsored by Products of Change)
The LEGO Group
- Best Licensed Design-led Lifestyle Brand (sponsored by Poetic Brands)
- Best Licensed Food or Beverage Brand (sponsored by HEAD)
The Coca-Cola Company
- Best Licensed Fashion or Talent Brand (sponsored by H&A)
- Brand Licensing Ambassador 2021 (sponsored by Brandcomply.com/Octane 5)
Daniel Avener, ceo, MDR Brand Management