Accessory Innovations, Accutime Watch, Centric Brands LLC, Handcraft, H.E.R. Accessories, IG Design Group, Sakar, and Trends International to launch products based on the smash hit preschool series
BBC Studios, the distributor and licensing agent for the international preschool hit Bluey, is again expanding the brand’s consumer products offerings, this time with eight additional licensees that will give children from coast-to-coast even more ways to immerse themselves in the popular brand. Beloved by preschoolers and adults alike, the top-rated Bluey series, seen on Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney+, will make a big splash at retail this year and next with a range of introductions from new partners Accessory Innovations, Accutime Watch, Centric Brands LLC, Handcraft, H.E.R. Accessories, IG Design Group, Sakar, and Trends International.
“Fans can’t get enough of Bluey and we’re delighted to welcome to the team these exceptional new licensing partners that will provide fresh new ways for kids to enjoy series-inspired activities and adventures,” said Suzy Raia, VP Consumer Products and Business Development, BBC Studios. “These world-class licensees will bring an expansive assortment of products to Bluey enthusiasts.”
The upcoming Bluey products will include:
- Accessory Innovations – Backpacks, 3D bag clips, coin cases, lunch bags, luggage, and small accessories debuting 2022
- Accutime Watch – Analog and digital watches and clocks, beginning with an introductory item on Amazon for Holiday 2021 and the main line arriving at retail in summer 2022
- Centric Brands LLC – Sleepwear and hosiery, beginning fall 2021
- Handcraft – Packaged underwear, now available online at Amazon, Walmart, Kohls, and Target
- H.E.R. Accessories – Accessories, including hair, jewelry, sunglasses, and novelties, beginning spring 2022
- IG Design Group – Seasonal stationery and seasonal craft products, including Valentine cards debuting early 2022 exclusively at Target, and Easter egg dye kits and related accessories, seasonal tattoos and stickers, and Perler fused bead kits beginning spring 2023
- Sakar – Wheeled goods and protective gear, starting fall 2021
- Trends International – Stationery and paper goods, beginning fall 2021
Bluey, recently renewed for a third eagerly-anticipated season on Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney+ in all territories outside of Australia, New Zealand and China, is a multi-award-winning Australian children’s series that continues to charm audiences around the globe. Loved by parents and children for its heartfelt and funny portrayal of family life and celebration of play, the series follows Bluey, a 6-year-old Blue Heeler dog, who loves to play and turns everyday family life into extraordinary adventures that unfold in unpredictable and hilarious ways, bringing her family, friends and community into her world of fun.
In the U.S., across Disney Junior and Disney Channel in Q1 2021, Bluey was the #3 most watched TV series with kids ages 2-5. On digital platforms, Bluey has been the #1 series in the DisneyNOW app in video starts for the last 61 consecutive weeks and Bluey content has garnered 600 million views to date on YouTube.
In Australia, Bluey is the most watched series ever on ABC iview, with over 480 million plays across series 1 and 2.The series has enjoyed critical success internationally, winning an International Emmy Award in the “Preschool” category in March 2020.