First two editions, Preschool and Kindergarten, to release on September 7, 2021
This fall, Random House Children’s Books, together with Dr. Seuss Enterprises, will launch multi-subject Dr. Seuss Workbooks, a new series for preschool through third grade, it was announced by Barbara Marcus, President & Publisher, Random House Children’s Books (RHCB), and Tom Russell, Vice President & Publisher, Reference and Workbooks. Dr. Seuss’s books have helped millions of children to learn to love to read, and this new format offers another way for young readers to interact with their favorite characters while supporting learning goals. The first two editions, PRESCHOOL and KINDERGARTEN, will release September 7, 2021, and the remaining three, for Grades 1, 2, and 3, will follow on March 1, 2022.
The launch of the books will also be supported by a video series hosted on Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ YouTube channel, featuring fun, original sing-alongs to help readers further engage with the characters and subject matter.
“In the last year, we have seen such increased demand for learning resources, and so we are particularly pleased to bring the Dr. Seuss Workbooks to market and offer fresh, engaging content to support young learners today,” says Russell. “These workbooks provide parents and educators an accessible blend of core academic concepts and such equally important topics as kindness, empathy, and self-esteem.”
The workbooks have been developed and written by education experts and based on curriculum standards, and readers at every grade level will be introduced to four subjects, each with their own dedicated Seuss character ambassador guiding the way: Reading and English Language Learning with the Cat from The Cat in the Hat, Math with Thing One and Thing Two from The Cat in the Hat, Science with the Lorax from The Lorax, and Social and Emotional Learning with Horton from Horton Hears a Who!
Susan Brandt, President of Dr. Seuss Enterprises, says, “The imaginative works of Dr. Seuss have been an entry point to the world of reading and learning for several generations. For years Dr. Seuss books have delighted children while helping them learn to read and develop their cognitive skills. This new workbook program and its supporting video content are a natural progression that make it even easier for kids to learn, with fun exercises and engaging lessons that help them hone new skills.”
With the range of subjects covered in each edition, and the inclusion of social and emotional learning, these workbooks offer the building blocks kids need as they progress through their education, both in and out of the classroom—all packaged with the wonder and playfulness of Dr. Seuss’s beloved characters. Topics covered in the PRESCHOOL edition include letter names and sounds, counting from 1 to 10, the five senses, and self-esteem. In KINDERGARTEN, readers will explore sight words, identifying shapes, and expressing needs and feelings.
Dr. Seuss Workbooks are available for pre-order now.
The Dr. Seuss Workbook series includes:
- Dr. Seuss Workbook: Preschool (on sale September 7, 2021 | ISBN: 978-0-525-57219-0) is the ultimate workbook for preschoolers ages 3 to 5, with over 300 curriculum-based activities covering letters, numbers, social and emotional learning, and science. Subjects include early reading, the alphabet, tracing, writing, and identifying colors and shapes.
- Dr. Seuss Workbook: Kindergarten (on sale September 7, 2021 | ISBN: 978-0-525-57220-6) is a multi-subject, all-in-one workbook based on kindergarten curriculum and developed by education experts, designed to teach little learners ages 5 to 6 essential skills for school and life—while having fun. Children will learn math, phonics, reading, exploring emotions, spelling, vocabulary, science, and problem solving.
- Dr. Seuss Workbook: Grade 1 (on sale March 1, 2022 | ISBN 978-0-525-57221-3) covers key first-grade skills across a wide range of subjects, including vowels and consonants, sounding out words, counting to 100, measurement units, anatomy, and kindness.
- Dr. Seuss Workbook: Grade 2 (on sale March 1, 2022 | ISBN 978-0-525-57222-0) covers key second-grade skills across a wide range of subjects, including independent reading, nonfiction, advanced addition and subtraction, the scientific process, and respecting others.
- Dr. Seuss Workbook: Grade 3 (on sale March 1, 2022 | ISBN 978-0-525-57223-7) covers key third-grade skills across a wide range of subjects, including the writing process, reading comprehension, multiplication and division, fractions and decimals, laws of energy, force and motion, and open-mindedness.