In 2022, Smiley will celebrate its 50th birthday!
In addition to celebrating their heritage and everything they have achieved with their partners in that time, they will also take the opportunity to focus as a brand on how they can positively impact the world for the next 50 years.
Smiley has a fantastic program of activations, experiences that play on company’s 50-year heritage and provide unique ways for partners to get involved and help make the world a more creative and positive place. This includes:
- Limited edition brand identity with celebration logo, an exclusive POS tool kit with collectible packaging and an Instagrammable retail concept that will allow all partners to connect with fun and positivity.
- Exclusive anniversary style guides will evoke nostalgia and give a sense of Smiley’s heritage, with five-decade specific style guides (the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s). These will inspire and showcase the unique trends, graphic directions and artistic interpretations that have shaped Smiley’s adoption as one of the leading cultural icons of the last century.
- A selection of highly prestigious & visible activations, events & experiences, this includes the chance to be part of 50 memorable limited-edition products independently curated by fashion icon Sarah Andelman. The special ‘50 for 50’ range will feature in concept shops in the world’s leading department stores, a prestigious coffee table book published by Maison Assouline and at a selection of international launch events.
- A guerilla projection campaign at key landmarks across the world on the 31st December 2021. This high visibility project will see Smiley and the original message of “Take The Time To Smile’ projected onto: the Houses of Parliament, Tate Modern (London). Broadway/Times Square, Carnegie Hall, Empire State (NYC), Champs Elysees, l’Arc de Triomphe (Paris).
- An Inspiring 2-week guerilla poster campaign from 3-17 January 2022 at key consumer lifestyle touchpoints across nine major cities. With more than 75,000 posters and billboards in over 150 leading consumer lifestyle touchpoint destinations. The campaign will raise positivity during the hardest 2-weeks of the year.
The entire campaign will be supported for 12 months by Global PR and Influencer program.