The first ever digital ‘Back To Hogwarts’ will bring the magic of Kings Cross to homes
On September 1st each year, Harry Potter fans gather at London’s Kings Cross Station. At 11 am precisely, they joyfully raise their wands to celebrate the departure of the Hogwarts Express from platform nine and three quarters, which takes students to the legendary school of Witchcraft and Wizardry for another year full of spells and adventure. For the class of 2020, the celebrations have gone digital, and fans around the world will have the opportunity to participate!
This year, to avoid overcrowding at the station, Wizarding World openly extends its invitation to everyone to virtually get together for the very first digital “Back To Hogwarts”. This virtual event, in a magical atmosphere and completely free, was designed to keep everyone safe, in the comfort of their own home. Therefore, fans will be able to organize and tune in online without having to travel.
From August 29, fans will be able to visit the Back to Hogwarts Hub on WizardingWorld.com, join the Harry Potter Fan Club, get organized and get ready to celebrate with an incredible selection of content, including:
- Listen to some of the creative minds that bring spells to life (including the brilliant wand choreographer Paul Harris, who will demonstrate and teach the art of wand fighting)
- Let yourself be carried away from the Muggle world to the magical one, listening to Journeys to Hogwarts Soundscape, the immersive audio experience of Harry Potter, with all the sounds that could be heard during this iconic journey. Just close your eyes and let your imagination travel!
- A CineConcerts show featuring orchestras from around the world playing memorable musical selections from each of the eight Harry Potter films
- A preview of the brand new House of MinaLima on opening day, with Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima, as well as the exclusive Back To Hogwarts 2020 celebratory graphics, created specifically for the occasion, also available as a limited edition art print!
- Go back to where the magic began with readings of famous characters from “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” (accessible only to registered members of the Harry Potter Fan Club)
- Plus, a host of creative Hogwarts-inspired ideas and creative tutorials for all ages.
In addition, on September 1st, all fans will be able to participate in the exclusive appointment, for the first time in virtual, Back To Hogwarts Livestream and experience the excitement of the fan party at Kings Cross, (including the countdown) without having to go out home! The livestream will feature a variety of surprises and fun, including the appearances of special guests, including James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley).
Sharing the excitement of being involved in this year’s celebrations, James Phelps said:
“I’m so happy to be at the first ever digital Back To Hogwarts! 2020 has definitely been a special year, and it’s really important that we all do what we can to stay safe, including staying home. I hope the fans will join us, and keep the virtual celebrations alive ”.
Oliver Phelps added: “The Wizarding World fans are fantastic, and having the chance to share this special day with people from all over the world will be wonderful. I can’t wait to find out everything this digital Back To Hogwarts has in store, and it’s a bonus to be able to do it all from your sofa! “
In addition to the familiar faces that will appear, there will be trivia games for fans to participate in, and even the presence of a cast member from “Harry Potter and the Curse of the Heir”, before the fan countdown begins. .
In addition, fans will be able to get even closer to magic by sending their own photo to participate in the “Back To Hogwarts – Class 2020”. The photos will be inserted into a digital mosaic that will grow throughout the day to bring the community to life. An opportunity for fans from all over the world to show off their best cosplay, their House Pride or simply celebrate their fandom! Members of the Harry Potter Fan Club will also receive a memento of the day, as the mosaic will be available exclusively to them as a digital download to keep.
The images submitted by fans will also be displayed inside Kings Cross station, giving attendees a virtual presence on site throughout the day! There is no need to go to the station to check, as it will be available all morning in live streaming and on social media.
The Back To Hogwarts Livestream will also support Lumos, as fans will be able to click a button while streaming and make a donation as part of the digital event.
The digital event will take place between 11:30 and 12:30 on 1 September, fans can tune in at any time by visiting the website www.wizardingworld.com, where the live streaming will be broadcast.
But there is much more … to be among the first to receive updates, you can visit www.wizardingworld.com and join the Harry Potter Fan Club. Here you can also consult the Back to Hogwarts Hub to receive more information on what will happen before and during Back To Hogwarts 2020, as the Wizarding World will bring the magic home safely.