For the thirty years of Mr. Bean, Endemol Shine Group announces slate of new products
Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group announced a number of new products for globally loved brand Mr. Bean, which this year is celebrating its 30th anniversary.
Mr Bean is one of Britain’s most famous comic creations of all time, first appearing on our screens 30 years ago in 1990, with the versatile comic performer Rowan Atkinson playing the hapless hero. And this year Endemol Shine Group are releasing a raft of new products in celebration of this milestone anniversary.
- In partnership with Corgi (Hornby), a special version of the iconic Mr Bean Mini will be released in 2020.
- Leading gift wholesaler Puckator have added a new range of Mr Bean products to their tourist market range
- In the US, Olaes Enterprises, will be releasing a new range of t-shirts, and Surreal Entertainment are developing an extensive range of gifting and merchandise for both the US and Canada, through agent, Sharpe Co.
- Coin manufacturer CIT are developing a range of collectible coins based on some of Mr Bean’s most iconic moments which will be available worldwide.
- Ty will be creating a special edition of Mr Bean’s loyal companion Teddy to mark the occasion.
- Plush and toy manufacturer 8th Wonder will create fun Mr Bean plushies for launch next year.
- Big Balloon have created Dutch language Joke Books and Comic Books for the Benelux region, along with Globetrade Deluco who continue to supply Teddy plush to Kruidvad, both through agent J&M Brands.
- 2020 will see the launch of the new Mr Bean webstore, plus Pogo have a range of Mr Bean print-on-demand products available across multiple marketplaces (including all Amazon marketplaces, eBay, Walmart).
- The Mr Bean brand also has great success in the mobile games market. With titles such as Bean Around the World and Mr Bean Sandwich Stack, mobile game downloads for the brand have topped 40 million.
Building on the phenomenal global Mr Bean audience, the brand has recently appointed agents across multiple markets including Medialink in China, Asiana in South Korea and Empire in South East Asia.
Only 14 episodes of the original ‘live action’ series were made. However, with 30 years in constant distribution and an ever-growing digital audience, the series continues to delight and entertain growing audiences all around the world.
Mr Bean is now the biggest TV brand on Facebook globally with 84million fans, and has topped 17million subscribers on the official YouTube channel which was awarded the Diamond Play Button in 2018. The brand is also seeing significant success on emerging platforms such as TikTok where the official page has topped 1.5 million followers and over 85 million views to-date.