Capcom announce plans for Brand Licensing Europe Show 2019 with a monster collection of Games & Licensed Product
Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced his plans for BLE. They will be exhibiting at the upcoming Brand Licensing Show 2019 from October 1st – 3rd at the ExCel Exhibition Centre, promising to show-off an exciting line-up of licensed products from Capcom’s catalogue of strong and identifiable IP.
Capcom started 2019 with the ever popular and much anticipated launch of the remake for Resident Evil 2™, which has gone on to outperform the original game release in terms of console sales and has totally lived up to all the anticipation of the fans for this amazing horror gaming franchise. The Resident Evil ™ franchise has also some big favourites from the Classics archive with Resident Evil™ 5 and Resident Evil™ 6 releasing on Nintendo Switch™ this autumn, which will continue to engage and draw in a wider fanbase.
This gaming success at the start of the year was not all, because it was followed up with a stunning performance from Devil May Cry™ 5 in March. Not only has the game been highly rated by Metacritic and fans alike, but the original music score has also attracted a great deal of attention with Vinyl and CD releases from the new music licensee, Laced Music Ltd.
At E3 2019, Capcom delighted fans and press alike with the reveal of the playable version of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne™. The new title is also anticipated to be a big hit at Gamescon in Cologne this year in August, where Capcom will host a full experiential experience for visitors to the epic event where thousands are expected to enjoy their first real taste of the follow-up entry to Monster Hunter World™.
Capcom has already primed the public and press alike that there is more to come from their gaming powerhouse in 2020 and beyond when more fantastic games will be released – so keep watching the gaming news.
Street Fighter™ is one of the most popular series of all time and is still revered as one of the best in the fighting-game genre. The series gave birth to one of the most colourful and recognisable casts in gaming’s history! Street Fighter™ is still in top form with the recent successful releases of Street Fighter™ 30th Anniversary Collection and Street Fighter™ V: Arcade Edition, with the former providing retro fans with classic experiences for the modern consoles and the latter providing hot new takes on the beloved Street Fighter™ series. In addition, the Global organisers of Capcom Pro-Tour continue to host E-sports events featuring Street Fighter™ V: Arcade Edition across EMEA.
Licensees and retailers alike are lining up to create and stock original merchandise ranges from apparel, accessories, homeware, bags, plushies and all sorts of collectible items and more.
Capcom announced last Autumn a new partnership with Gaya Entertainment to launch a new gamechanging European online store for B2B and B2C and for specific retail experiences at major events such as Gamescon in Cologne. The last year has seen a very strong performance from the store with major upturns for unique product launches such as KOCH Media’s Capcom Home Arcade. Gaya Entertainment has also had success with their own range of product lines for Capcom’s gaming IP and their unique opportunity to sell to European fans Japanese sourced merchandise.
New and upcoming merchandise that will become available from a selection of retailers include:
- Textiss Megaman™ underwear & caps launching across France
- New apparel lines from DIFUZED, Park Agencies, Fashions UK, Insert Coin, LevelUpWear
- High-end ranges of statues from Darkside Collectibles for Devil May Cry™, Street Fighter™ and Resident Evil™, all available in 2019.
- Launching this year specialist Mehron makeup for Resident Evil™ Halloween effect
- EXG has extended their Cable Guy range for Street Fighter™ Cable Guy with the ‘Evil Ryu’ and ‘Chun-Li’ device holders added to its’ line-up. The Cable Guy enables fans to charge a range of personal electronic devices and gaming controllers.
- Steamforged has built on their huge success with the Resident Evil™ 2 board-game release, with a new successful Kickstarter campaign for the Devil May Cry™ board-game, with anticipated release end of the year
- Laced Records are also following up their major success with their first unique vinyl collections for Resident Evil™ & Resident Evil™ 2 and Devil May Cry™ 5 with new collections planned to release for Capcom’s various IP later this year and 2020.
- KOCH Media’s Capcom Home Arcade loaded with 16 classic Capcom produced video games, including: Alien vs Predator™, Final Fight™, Street Fighter™ II and other great titles.
BLE 2019 will give Capcom the opportunity to meet with new partners and build on the successes of last year while expanding into new categories such as: promotions, beverages, online gambling, gifting, collectibles, health & beauty and cosplay.
Visit us at stand C321!
For all enquiries regarding UK, European and Middle East licensing opportunities please contact Capcom’s Licensing Consultant Michele Pearce (Michele.Pearce@capcom.com) or Licensing Coordinator Tristan Chilvers(Tristan.Chilvers@capcom.com). For Australia/New Zealand specific licensing enquiries please contact our agent John Vasta (email@example.com). Capcom Europe Ltd will be exhibiting at the forthcoming Brand Licensing Europe show between 1st – 3rd October 2019, on stand C123 at the London ExCel Exhibition, North Hall. Drop by or contact Michele Pearce in advance to discuss licensing opportunities for the Capcom gaming brands.