Moose Toys named as global toy partner
Bluey is set to launch on a global stage as BBC Studios and Disney announce that the first two series will premiere internationally on Disney Junior from autumn 2019 and the upcoming streaming service Disney+ in all territories outside Australia, New Zealand and Greater China including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
Bluey follows the adventures of a lovable and inexhaustible six-year- old Blue Heeler puppy who lives with her dad, mum and four-year- old little sister, Bingo. In every episode, Bluey uses her limitless Blue Heeler energy to play elaborate games that unfold in unpredictable and hilarious ways bringing her family and the whole neighbourhood into her world of fun.
Created by Joe Brumm and produced by the Emmy® award-winning Ludo Studio for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and BBC Studios, Bluey first launched on ABC in Australia last year and has been a runaway success with audiences landing the #1 spot of all series on ABC view with 90 million plays.
- Jane Gould, Senior Vice President, Consumer Insights and Programming Strategy, Disney Channels Worldwide said; “The power of family is a cornerstone of Disney storytelling, and the warmth and authenticity of Bluey’s family dynamic is what first captured our interest in the show.Bluey reminds us all of our own families, and it plays out the small but emotionally epic dramas of day-to-day life in surprising, heartfelt and very funny ways that will engage children and parents alike. We’re excited to introduce Bluey and her family to our audiences across the world on our multiple platforms.”
- Henrietta Hurford-Jones, Director of Children’s Content at BBC Studios said: “Bluey has bowled people over with its warmth, energy and humour. The way the show celebrates brilliantly observed moments of contemporary family life, role play and imagination has struck a chord with everyone who has watched the first series on the ABC and I can’t wait for Bluey and family to meet the rest of the world.”
- Charlie Aspinwall, Executive Producer for Ludo said: ‘Dreams do come true. Partnering with Disney and Moose Toys is everything we hoped for Bluey and way more. We can’t wait for kids and families around the world to fall in love with this special show.’
Moose Toys will be the global master toy partner for all territories excluding Asia. Launching first in Australia for Christmas 2019 the first range of toys will be released in the US and other regions from autumn/winter 2020.
- Menal McGrath, Vice President, Global Licensing at Moose Toys, said:: “The reception forBluey in Australia has been phenomenal and we believe Bluey has what it takes to be a major hit in the pre-school aisle around the world. Bluey’s quirky and heartwarming stories align perfectly with Moose Toys’ core values to make kids happy.”
- Rikesh Desai, Licensing Director, Consumer Products at BBC Studios, said: “This is a hugely exciting deal for us, and we’re delighted to be working with Moose Toys to bring Bluey to fans across the world. Moose Toys’ Australian roots and fantastic slate make them the perfect partner in bringing this Blue Heeler pup to kids everywhere.”
A smash hit with families in Australia, Bluey series one is currently the #1 Australian children’s series of 2019 on metro broadcast in Australia. Bluey has also topped the Australian iTunes Kids Chart with the series peaking at #1 and consistently remaining in the Top 5.
Bluey is produced by the Emmy® award-winning Ludo Studio for ABC KIDS and is co-commissioned by ABC Children’s and BBC Studios. Financed in association with Screen Australia, Bluey is proudly 100% created, written, animated and post produced in Brisbane Queensland, Australia, with funding from The Queensland Government through Screen Queensland and the Australian Government.