The China Shanghai International Children’s Book Fair is just around the corner! (9-11 November).
From this year, BolognaFiere/Bologna Children’s Book Fair opens a new important chapter of its international activities becoming co-organizer of the China Shanghai International Children’s Book Fair (CCBF).
The 6th edition of CCBF is now just around the corner (November 9-11, 2018) and BCBF is carrying out several activities to bring the Bologna “factor” to Shanghai and enhance the professional side of the fair.
Unique in the Asia Pacific area, CCBF is the only event that can be assimilated to the Bologna Children’s Book Fair in being focused exclusively on children’s publishing and with a predominantly professional format. CCBF has quickly become a premium event for the global children’s publishing industry: it hosts one of the leading copyright exchange hubs for children’s books and content, contributing to the meeting and exchange between China, with its heritage of literature and illustration, with the rest of the world.
The fair brings together the best Chinese publishers of children’s books and a large number of international exhibitors, drawing together over 300 exhibitors and around 30,000 visitors from all over the world, including publishers, authors, illustrators, literary agents, digital product developers, distributors, teachers, translators and all the professionals of the publishing and content world.
As well as the large exhibition area, the fair offers a wide range of activities aimed at enhancing the cultural backdrop of the fair: the Golden Pinwheel Young Illustrators Competition and Exhibition, the Chen Bochui International Children’s Literature Award, one longest running literary prizes in China, the Authors Festival, which brings together renowned authors from China and overseas and the exclusive Shanghai Visiting International Publishers Programme (SHVIP).
The Bologna Children’s Book Fair is now proud to add its experience and client hub to this amazing event, sharing ideas, providing its consolidated network of relationships and enlarging the cultural programme with meetings, exhibitions and awards while combining copyright and cultural exchange with professional updating.
BCBF is carrying out several activities to bring the Bologna “factor” to Shanghai:
- New exclusive Lounges: reserved for all the winning publishers and finalists of the Bologna Awards
- The Literary Agents Centre: Literary Agents and Scouts will be welcomed at CCBF in the brand new Centre located in the Copyright Zone
- The Illustrators Survival Corner: flagship space for illustrators at BCBF, now arrives at CCBF with its extensive programme of masterclasses, special events and workshops
- Shanghai Digital: a brand new place to uncover the many opportunities offered by the connected print and media worlds
- A wide programme of conferences and workshops on the hot topics for the industry: picture book secrets, digital challenges and connected publishing, audiobook growth, licensing opportunities and more.
BM will be present at the event to moderate the session of Sunday 10th dedicated to Children’s Publishing and Licensing. Furthermore, Licensing Magazine is the only Media Partner Licensing of the event!