The Powerpuff Girls 20th Anniversary Celebration Continues with a Range of New Products Across Toys, Apparel, Accessories and More.
Cartoon Network Enterprises announced various new partnerships and collaborations from around the world for one of its most enduring and top-grossing brands, The Powerpuff Girls. The brand, celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, will see a global rollout of new episodes, events and products that will continue into 2019. The announcement comes at the beginning of Licensing Expo, held in Las Vegas, where the property will be represented in the Cartoon Network booth, #D170.
New licensing partnerships in the United States for The Powerpuff Girls include:
- Mattel will offer Barbie fashions inspired by The Powerpuff Girls, available globally for the Holiday 2018 season
- Champion will launch a collection of The Powerpuff Girls in limited edition Fleece and Heritage Silhouettes for Fall 2018
- Mondo T’s will introduce a variety of The Powerpuff Girls pins and high-end prints
- Revealed earlier this month at an exclusive event, The LEGO® Group will introduce new building sets in August 2018 allowing fans worldwide to recreate the adventures of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup
Licensing partners for The Powerpuff Girls in Latin America (LATAM) will expand to include:
- Havaianas will launch a variety of The Powerpuff Girls-inspired shoes for both kids and adults in Brazil, beginning in July 2018
- Launching this month, Cremer will offer The Powerpuff Girls personal care products in Brazil
- Dentro da Historia will introduce an assortment of The Powerpuff Girls books in Brazil that will be available this month
- Amazonia will be quenching thirsts with The Powerpuff Girls themed coconut water, available in Brazil this month
New and expanding fashion collaborations for The Powerpuff Girls in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) include:
- Sabrina Pilewicz launched a variety of women’s handbags this month in Poland
- Undiz will release a direct-to-retail line of nightwear and underwear this August in multiple territories including France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Russia and the Middle East, among others
- A nightwear and underwear line from Textiss will be available in France in October 2018
- British fashion designer Katie Eary will launch a high-end clothing line inspired by The Powerpuff Girls that will be available globally in Fall 2018
- Bizuu will be expanding its existing The Powerpuff Girls collaboration by introducing a new athleisure collection that will be available in Poland
“Fans have been following the adventures of The Powerpuff Girls for 20 years and with these fresh new products, they can continue to showcase their passion for the brand,” said Pete Yoder, vice president, Cartoon Network Enterprises for North America. “All of our partners captured the Powfactor of this enduring brand, and we are thrilled to share this milestone anniversary with them.”
As the original ambassadors of girl power, the iconic brand has been inspiring generations of girls and young women since its initial launch in November 1998. From the moment Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup started to save the world before bedtime, they became more than just characters on a show, but a global phenomenon with a message of empowerment that still resonates 20 years later as a reimagined series debuted in 2016.
The Powerpuff Girls is produced by Cartoon Network Studios, with Nick Jennings serving as executive producer and Bob Boyle as co-executive producer. The initial run of The Powerpuff Girls, created by Craig McCracken, earned two Emmy Awards along with five nominations and other countless honors and accolades.