VR, AR, e-books, web series, apps, video games: Animation goes transmedia!
For its fifth edition, CARTOON 360 (28-30 of May) moved to a new city: Lille in the Region Hauts-de-France. This professional pitching event aims to help European producers deploy their animation projects into transmedia programmes.
How? Through practical and personalised advice provided by very focused and highly experienced digital experts.
Animation is a chain of excellence in the Region Hauts-de-France, the third region of France in this field with ten studios and seven animation schools established on its territory. The region reinforces its position as a key player in hosting for the first time Cartoon 360, an important event of Cartoon, in order to properly position Lille on the animation map.
During three days, European producers will pitch their transmedia animation project to a large European audience and a panel of experts from the digital world. The tailor-made recommendations given by digital experts on each specific project will help producers improve their transmedia strategy on the different platforms they are pursuing.
This year, 24 transmedia projects have been selected to be assessed by 30 digital experts.
For the 2018 edition, 12 nationalities are presenting their original animation projects (TV series, feature films, interactive comics for mobile screens, e-books, apps, using VR, AR, …).
Over 200 participants will attend this unique event, the opportunity to meet a strong network of professionals active in the new platforms!
A panel of 30 international digital experts from the new media industry will be at the front row of CARTOON 360 to evaluate the selected transmedia animation projects.
This means instant feedback on projects, valuable advice on business plan, strategies and development.
– Broadcasters (BBC Children’s, Walt Disney EMEA, Turner EMEA, France Télévisions, Arte France, Super RTL, Ketnet / VRT)
– Game and App developers (Ubisoft, WEARVR, Pikkukala, Ankama Games)
– Financiers (CNC, Alliance Entreprendre, La Fabrique des Formats, Mediatoon, IPR.VC)
– VoD platforms and distributors (Super RTL, Hopster TV, Indie Sales)
– Specialists in multiplatform content and narrative (Nexus Studios, Monique Simard, Epic Story Media)
– Publishers (Carlton Publishing, Knights of, Le Lombard)
– VR specialists (VRrOOM, Virgules, Valérie Hénaire)
– Digital marketeers (KidsIndustries)
Their skills domain covers large areas on: content strategy for multi-platforms; digital and web series; interactive writing, development and publishing of video games, apps & e-books; development and distribution of transmedia content; branding, licensing and merchandising; digital marketing; financing and more.