Announced new brands represented by the agency: The Sony Pictures movies, Hamsta World and Paddington 2. Awarded the best licensees of the main agency’s properties.
In the splendid setting of the Hotel Principe Di Savoia, in Milan, Maurizio Distefano the evolution of Licensing celebrated its third year of activity through an event where were present outstanding personalities of international properties that the agency represents. The event was also the occasion to introduce new brands as big movies from Sony Pictures, Hamsta World and the sequel of Paddington. This variety of brands diversifies and enrich further the portfolio managed by Maurizio Distefano and his team. In the course of the convention were awarded also the best Italian licensees 2016-2017 for the agency’s brands.
Big attention for Masha and Bear brand, through a deep analysis of its success and what’s next. Vladimir Valiev (Deputy Head of Licensing Masha & the Bear) gave his view on the future of the property, as David Thomas (Director Marketing and Sales of Leolandia) explained the presence of the property in his entertainment park.
Many guests gave their contribution to the event, as: Pietro Pinetti, CEO of Studio Bozzetto, and Beatrice Fini, Editorial director Kids Area of Giunti Editore, for Tip the Mouse; Marco Huesges, CEO emoji company, and Julio Cano, Head of Licensing Universal Consumer Products Spain, who told the story of the power of the emoji brand and the countless possible meanings of this property in each segment of the business. Saskia Keiser, Executive Creator Director and Owner of Hamsta World, told about how the property was born, the cute hamsters Japanese inspired, and as the Hamsta mania is infecting the whole world. Domenico Ravaioli, Promotions Manager of Sony Pictures Warner Bros Entertainment Italy, spoke of Sony Pictures’ upcoming movies, which will be represented by Maurizio Distefano for their potential licensing development in Italy. Magdalena Biernat – Heikkinen, Rovio Licensing Director EMEA, told the next news related to the world of Angry Birds and Hatchlings, while Gianluca Aprile, CEO of Pea & Promoplast, described its collaboration with Rovio for the realization of a collection of promotional plush dedicated to the hatchlings and the Angry Birds.
In the course of the convention were awarded also the best Italian licensees 2016-2017 of Masha and the Bear, Tip the Mouse, Angry Birds, emoji – the iconic brand and Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks. They have received this important recognition:
- Leolandia, for the work aimed at enhancing and make immediately identifiable the world of Masha and the Bear within the vast entertainment park preferred by Italian families.
- Granarolo, that was able to combine the best characteristics of the property Angry Birds in the entire range Yomino.
- Balocco, for the extraordinary results achieved in the customization and in the immediate recognition of the Easter eggs inspired to Tip the Mouse.
- Walcor, for having been able to transfer to confectionery products the grit, the liveliness and joy typical of the brand Alvinnn!!!! And the Chipmunks.
- Dolfin, for having developed an Easter egg of emoji – the iconic brand for all ages, with a current and captivating graphic that well interpreted the characteristics of the property.