Licensing Expo, the world’s largest and most influential licensing industry event, will host its first ever Licensing Week in 2017.
Taking place May 22-25, 2017 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, Licensing Week brings together new and returning educational and networking events offering a robust slate of business-building opportunities for attendees and exhibitors alike. It aims to encourage and enable licensing professionals to take full advantage of their time in Las Vegas.
Key components of Licensing Week include:
- Licensing Expo: Hosts 5,000+ brands from all categories and countries around the world
- New Exhibitors: Including, Auldey Toys, French Bull, Hang Ten, Line Friends, Toon Goggles and Vooz Co, Ltd.
- Entertainment Showcases: Top brands will host invitation-only screenings of upcoming projects
- Licensing University: A variety of 25+ seminars beginning May 22 and hosted by LIMA are open to all attendees and exhibitors, providing insight into everything from the basics of licensing to retail strategies and extending your brand globally
- Matchmaking Service: The Matchmaking Service allows registered attendees and exhibitors to search for, connect and schedule meetings with potential licensing partners before the Expo begins
- International Buyer Program (IBP) Select: New for 2017, Licensing Expo has been selected to participate in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Buyer Program (IBP) Select. The program will enlist the U.S. Department of Commerce’s global network to recruit prescreened international manufacturers and retailers from China, Mexico, Canada, South Korea and Japan to attend Licensing Expo and meet with exhibitors
- Opening Night Party: Held Tuesday, May 23 at the Tropicana Las Vegas to celebrate the start of Licensing Expo 2017.
- Art & Design Mixer: Exhibiting brands and agents in the art and design category can gather for drinks and eats in the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay on Wednesday, May 24
- Agents’ Business Forum: Held Thursday, May 25, a networking event to assist attending and exhibiting brand owners in search of representation connect with licensing agents
- Orientation Session: A welcome event on May 22 to familiarize attendees and exhibitors new to Licensing Expo with the show and help set them up for success throughout the week.
The addition of Licensing Week demonstrates not only the importance of the event, but also the growth of Licensing Expo as a hub for the Licensing Industry.
Every year the Licensing Expo team works to provide the best content possible and continue the tradition of Licensing Expo being the hub of the licensing industry. The strategic shift to the week of May 22-25 provides an opportunity for exhibitors and attendees to better leverage the time of year. It is an exciting year for Licensing Expo with the first ever iteration of Licensing week, the addition of many new top tier exhibitors, and the introduction of a variety of new attractions at the show. To learn more about Licensing Expo, please visit the official website: www.licensingexpo.com