New Licensing Week Frames the Expo with Key Networking, Educational and International Events.
UBM’s Global Licensing Group, organizers of Licensing Expo, the world’s largest and most influential licensing industry event, today announced the opening of attendee registration and unveiled the blueprint for Licensing Week, taking place May 22-25, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. Licensing Week brings together new and returning educational and networking events surrounding Licensing Expo (May 23-25) to offer a robust slate of business-building opportunities for attendees and exhibitors alike. It aims to encourage and enable licensing professionals to take full advantage of their time in Las Vegas with more industry events, networking opportunities, exclusive parties and invitation-only Studio Screenings.
Jessica Blue, Senior Vice President, Licensing, UBM Americas: “Licensing Expo has become the true hub for licensing professionals, and the number of events supporting the industry during the week of the Expo in Las Vegas has grown significantly. UBM recognizes that some participants struggle to fit everything into their schedule, so we’re excited to introduce Licensing Week to bring together those events in a full, easy-to-manage calendar that allows everyone to take part in as many of these opportunities as possible.”
Licensing Expo, sponsored by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA), remains the centerpiece of the week. The show floor, which hosts 5,000+ brands from all categories and countries around the world, will be open May 23-25. Some of the new exhibitors in 2017 include Auldey Toys, French Bull, Hang Ten, Line Friends, Toon Goggles and Vooz Co, Ltd. Returning exhibitors include Iconix Brand Group, Cartoon Network, Jenny Foster, The Joester Loria Group, John Wayne Enterprises and Sony Music, among many others. With more exhibitors joining every week, these are just a few of the brand owners and agents showcasing in May.
Other components of Licensing Week include:
- Studio Screenings– Kicking off May 22, top brands including Mattel and NBCUniversal will host invitation-only screenings of upcoming projects.
- Licensing University– A variety of 25+ seminars beginning May 22 and hosted by LIMA are open to all attendees and exhibitors, providing insight into everything from the basics of licensing to retail strategies and extending your brand globally. The Licensing University All-Access Pass is available for $170 ($150 for LIMA members).
- Orientation Breakfast – A welcome event on May 22 to familiarize attendees and exhibitors new to Licensing Expo with the show and help set them up for success throughout the week.
- Matchmaking Service – The Matchmaking Service allows registered attendees and exhibitors to search for, connect and schedule meetings with potential licensing partners before the Expo begins. The service, which helped secure 2,569 meetings at the 2016 Expo, will be available at no cost to exhibitors and retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and sales promotion agents attending the show.
- International Buyer Program (IBP) Select– New for 2017, Licensing Expo has been selected to participate in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Buyer Program (IBP) Select. The program will enlist the U.S. Department of Commerce’s global network to recruit pre-screened international manufacturers and retailers from China, Mexico, Canada, South Korea and Japan—to attend Licensing Expo and meet with exhibitors.
- Opening Night Party– The must-attend party for the licensing industry will be held Tuesday, May 23 at the Tropicana Las Vegas to celebrate the start of Licensing Expo 2017.
- Art & Design Mixer – Exhibiting brands and agents in the art and design category can gather for drinks and eats in the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay on Wednesday, May 24.
- Agents’ Business Forum – Held Thursday, May 25, a networking event to assist attending and exhibiting brand owners in search of representation connect with licensing agents.
Additional events during Licensing Week include the Opening Keynote (free to all Expo attendees), LIMA International Licensing Awards (both May 23) and the Women in Toys Breakfast (May 24). Learn more about Licensing Week at www.licensingexpo.com/licensingweek.
Licensing Expo, the longest consistently running licensing tradeshow, has connected the world’s most influential entertainment, character, fashion, art and corporate brand owners and agents with consumer goods manufacturers, licensees and retailers for more than 35 years. Attendees come to spot trends, build strategic partnerships and secure promotional tie-ins. Millions of products across the world started as a conversation at Licensing Expo. This is where brand owners, licensees and retailers find the right partners to expand their businesses and create relationships.
Sponsored by LIMA, Licensing Expo takes place on May 23-25, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, in Las Vegas, NV, during Licensing Week. Complimentary registration for the Expo is available at www.licensingexpo.com/reg17.