Awards Gala Honors Women in Toys, Licensing and Entertainment.
Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WIT) announced that nominations are now open for the 14th Annual Wonder Women Awards, which honor top female thought leaders, executives, entrepreneurs and other changemakers whose work or product has made a positive impact in toys, licensing and entertainment. Honorees will be celebrated at the annual Gala on Sunday, February 18, 2018 at Pier 60, Chelsea Piers, during New York International Toy Fair.
The WIT Wonder Women Awards is widely considered to be the most prestigious recognition program honoring the contributions and accomplishments of women in the toy, licensing and entertainment industries.
Janice Ross, Wonder Woman Gala Co-Chair and Head of Global Licensing at American Greetings Entertainment, said, “This special event brings together industry leaders from around the world to shine the spotlight on award winners and nominees. It’s a night filled with celebration, gourmet fare and lots of fun surprises.”
Genna Rosenberg, Wonder Woman Gala Co-Chair and Founder at GennComm added, “It’s an honor to be a part of this event that recognizes such amazing women, connects colleagues, and showcases the remarkable women in our industry.”
Categories for the Wonder Woman Awards include:
- Inventor/Creator: Recognizes an individual for their excellence in product or property design including creativity, originality and iconic value, and who has made a significant contribution to innovation in the toy, licensing, and entertainment industries.
- Licensing: Recognizes an individual who is an industry innovator exhibiting creative ways to bring brands to life with consumers through partnerships, curated retail programs and both traditional and non-traditional distribution channels. This award presented in association with LIMA and UBM.
- Manufacturing: Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated industry leadership to develop and launch a new product, modify an existing product, or develop a business process that dramatically improves how a product is delivered. This award presented in association with the Toy Association.
- Marketing: Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated excellence in marketing a brand which has clearly excelled in performance leadership, delivering value for consumers and resulting in commercial success.
- PR: Recognizes an individual who has achieved outstanding, proven results that marketing communications have had on consumer engagement and improved performance of a brand – including strategy, creativity, branded content, communications effect, and ROI.
- Rising Star: Recognizes an individual whose contributions have impacted the toy, licensing or entertainment industry during the first 5-10 years of her career, has demonstrated significant promise as an emerging leader, and exhibits an ingenuity of thought with potential for substantial and lasting influence on the industry.
- Retailer: Recognizes an individual who is committed to excellence in their stores, demonstrates exemplary service to the industry and to their communities, provides an exceptional customer experience, and embraces innovation.
- Sales: Recognizes an individual who demonstrates excellence in their role as a senior sales professional, cultivates industry growth by providing best-in-class business solutions, and whose exceptional leadership has had a critical impact in retaining or growing revenue.
- Lifetime Achievement: Recognizes an industry thought leader who personifies innovative and visionary leadership, and has made significant contributions to toys, licensing or entertainment during a career spanning at least 25 years. Candidate has served as a role model or mentor with a strong commitment to the advancement of women, making a lasting impact on the industry at large.
- Elise Lachowyn Mentorship Award: Established with the support of Tech4Kids, this award recognizes outstanding industry mentors credited by their peers for providing exceptional contributions, education, advice and support, and the impact they have had on the professional development and career advancement for those individuals. The Award was created in honor of Elise Lachowyn, a beloved leader, mentor and friend to many in the toy industry.
Nominations are open until October 31, 2017. Those wishing to nominate a Wonder Woman are not required to be a WIT members. However, a nominee must be a WIT member in good standing, or join WIT to be eligible to win.
To nominate a Wonder Woman, please visit www.womenintoys.com. The Wonder Women Awards Selection Committee and WIT Board of Directors will review all nominees and select finalists in each category. Voting will be open to all members, board members, and advisory board.